Information for Voters
The 2020 Election was the second electronic election for the Town of Pictou. Voter participation was 52% (compared to 52.8% in 2016, and 51.4% in 2012).
Eligibility to Vote
Individuals are qualified to vote in these elections if they are:
- 18 years of age or older on the 1st Advance Polling Day;
- a Canadian citizen by the 1st Advance Polling Day;
- ordinarily resident in the Province of Nova Scotia for a period of six months immediately before the 1st Advance Polling Day; and
- they are ordinarily resident in the Town of Pictou and have been so since immediately before the 1st Advance Polling Day
Information for Candidates
- The Candidate’s Guide to Municipal Elections prepared by the Nova Scotia Department of Municipal Affairs
- The Nova Scotia Federation of Municipalities Election Day
Municipal Elections Act
Elections are under the jurisdiction of the Nova Scotia Department of Municipal Affairs and Housing.
Read the provincial legislation.